Monday, June 6, 2016

The Bug Vac

Some time after I stopped killing bugs altogether (except the occasional aedes aegypti mosquito*), I discovered a device that has become one of my very favorite tools: the Bug Vac. 

 Bug Vac at Amazon.com

Its purpose is more to do with helping children humanely capture, study, and release insects and arachnids, but it works wonderfully as a household "pest" removal system.

With a wish to do no harm, this well designed insect vacuum-catcher has never harmed a single creature in all the many hundreds I have captured and relocated to the outdoors over the years.

If you too would prefer not to kill spiders, flies and other small critters that you don't want in your house, the Bug Vac will prove well worth every penny of its already low price!

It's extremely effective and also energy efficient. I only recently replaced the slightly worn down AA batteries I had been using for about 10 years' time.

Look at the Bug Vac at Amazon.com. While similar devices are offered, this is the one I recommend.

May ALL beings be free of suffering and the causes of suffering!

---
* I more and more make exception with the unfortunate aedes aegypti mosquito, non-native, invasive species and confirmed vector of diseases including West Nile, Yellow Fever, Dengue and more recently, Zika. Prevention of breeding is far more effective than killing them, though. Learn more...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for caring for animals!