Thursday, September 17, 2020

Grieving Birds

Recently, and for nearly a month and nearly every day, I had the great blessing to be able to convince a wild pigeon couple to eat directly from my hands in my backyard. Soon, a small dove and another pigeon, observing this, came closer each day, as well.



One day, the only monsoon storm of the season raged here, and since then, I have not seen a single feather of any of these birds. I have been grieving the loss of my new friends, as well as of the monsoon that never really happened.

Today, I found this. Maybe it's where my birds went.

Mass deaths of migratory birds reported in New Mexico: 

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-54183430
 

How can we not grieve now? To not grieve would be to remain asleep in dreaming of some impossible past.

May all beings be well and happy.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for caring for animals!